Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 1

There are two things I am extremely passionate about - writing and holistic living..well, there are three actually...spending time with my husband, but that's for some other time!

Why am I here: I wanted to present myself with a challenge of pursuing my loves for 30 days. You know how we know whats the right thing to do - exercise regularly, eat more greens, cut down on sugar, meditate, smile more, let go...but there is something thrilling about not doing the right thing. The thrilling part is laziness. Its always easier not to exercise, and the other blah blahs.
I have been no different. I have blamed everything from travelling for work, to moving two apartments, to busy lifestyles, to watching Hose of Cards to not living my best life. And although I am firm believer in living in the NOW, which comes with the disclaimer of acceptance of whatever you are doing at that moment, I am not falling for it. For far too long, I have dreamt of a ripped body. Yes, I love my body and I am extremely grateful that I have been gifted a healthy, functional instrument. But I believe that I sometimes just let it go and this time, I need to prove it to myself.

What am I going to do: For the next thirty days, I am going to exercise everyday, cut down on processed sugar to one tsp a day(for my chai!), meditate for at least 15 minutes, and have one green juice a day. Too much? We'll see. More importantly, I am going to write about it. Not only the changes in my body, my skin and hair but changes mentally. Because what is success but mental peace. This is not for others, as it is for my own monologue.

What results am I looking for: I am looking for definition...in my abs, thighs and most importantly, my arms. My arms have been the one thing that I want to see ripped. at least once in my life. And my skin. I believe my skin is a direct reflection of the imbalance in my life. Its angry and its showing.

What tools am I using: I am starting off today with Jillians Michaels, 30 day shred. Its a 30 minute high intensity interval training program. Yes, I feel like dying when i do it but i feel great when its done. And I have found it effective in the past...just that I never stuck to it.
 My new training shoes. I just spent a bomb on my shoes that I believe(or I would like to) will energize my workouts.
Nutribullet: A Nutribullet a day, keeps the blues away!! It has bought a revolution in our lives and I would like to use it as an aid in my transformation.

My starting out stats: Here's how i look right now
Weight: 117.7lb
Fat%: 23%

So there I go...hope you join in my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment